Are your patients covered? Open enrollment runs through December 15, 2018
It's that time of year. The 2019 open enrollment period for federal and state individual health insurance marketplaces runs through December 15, 2018. Are your patients covered? Let's help get everyone covered, or update their existing coverage!
Preparation in advance of enrolling in and updating existing coverage is key. WVNA & ANA suggests these six tips to take advantage of affordable plans and make the most of open enrollment. Share these with your patients or anyone seeking healthcare coverage. #GetCovered!
- Remember important deadlines. Visit HealthCare.gov during the open enrollment period for federal and state individual health insurance marketplaces. Now through December 15, 2018 is the only time to enroll or re-enroll in an existing plan.
- Gather your key documentation. Household details, proof of citizenship, income details and other information may be required to enroll for coverage. Take note of the information needed before starting the application process.
- Ask questions and seek advice. Nurses and other health care professionals are ready to help health care consumers navigate the open enrollment process.
- Enroll early. The HealthCare.gov site will be busy the final week before the open enrollment deadline, so don’t wait.
- Take advantage of affordable plans. Most people can find plans with monthly premiums between $50 and $100. More affordable plans may be available for those re-enrolling as prices change each year, so shop around.
- Enrolling is quick and easy. On average, it takes 10 minutes to apply to get health coverage. Enrolling or updating existing plans can be done online or via telephone.